Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just a Random thought!


Mumbai. 8 months. Tough life.
Mumbai jitni sakht hai utni hi mazedaar bhi hai’, this catchy phrase from super-hit movies(can’t remember which!) invariably enticed me towards the city. I craved to live independently here, roam about the city, and take time to pamper myself. But when I landed here, all I did was worry—worry about assignments, deadlines, classes, hectic schedule, lack of personal space and absence of mummy-made food. I started disliking the very reasons for which I was here. That stopped me from actually breathing in my moments of freedom. Silly issues engrossed me and it became easier to maintain a straight face rather than just smile.
Indore, my home town, is a quite and lazy city. I wanted action, and Mumbai promised me just that. But when I achieved what I wanted, its value declined considerably. I wanted to go back to the luxurious home, to the caring laps of my mother and the spendthrift arms of my father, but here I was, stuck as ever.
Eight months flew by, and I realize now, I have wasted so much time! My course at Xaviers is coming to a closure and I have no masala fun-filled incidents to flaunt! I want to go back, relive each moment, stroll on Marine Drive, kiss the bright sky, experience the sweaty weather. Alas! Too late!
But, I’m not completely at loss. Mumbai has toughened up the easily maneuvered nature of mine. It has converted me into a stronger shell, difficult to break or manipulate. I lived in a cushioned life with my parents, and Mumbai snatched away all those layers and exposed me to a harsher world. A world where no one bothers to turn around and give you a second look, a world with a mad race and no destination, a world where loneliness can threaten to devour you, but also a world which teaches you to value the minute happy moments in life.
I know now, I can survive anywhere and smile despite facing all the odds. These eight months have taught me the importance of many things, specially the value of my close ones. This was one hell-lot of an experience, but it was all worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 ...A Thread of Thoughts.... All rights reserved.